This cylindrical cubical was manufactured for the Reserve Bank of Mauritius to their specification but was designed and engineered by Boomgate Systems. It is a one of a kind “attack proof” to a specification of ARL-1. Based on the humidity and the proximity to the ocean the entire cubical was constructed using 316-grade stainless steel.
The key features of this unique access control cubical are:
- Two 220v AC torque motors are used for sliding the ARL1 curved doors, these motors will push the door open and closed;
- A mechanical damper will slow the door down just before it reaches its fully open and fully closed position. This is to slow the door down;
- Once the door is closed, it will be locked with a 500kg magnetic lock;
- The door will have a safety strip on the leading edge of the door, if the door hits an obstacle while it is closing, the safety sensor will trigger the control logic to re-open the door again;
- The control logic is a PLC type controller combined with a booth controller to interlock the two doors;
- The doors will be triggered to open with infrared sensors mounted on the outside of the door;
- The door will be able to open and close from a secondary control panel.